Frequently Asked Questions
How To Apply
- Can I receive a LANPASS Visa Card without being a LANPASS Member?
Yes. If you do not currently have a LANPASS Member Number, one will be assigned to you. All of your LANPASS Miles will accumulate to one LANPASS account.
- Can I use my spouse's LANPASS Member Number to apply for a LANPASS Visa Card?
No. The primary LANPASS Visa Cardholder's name must match the LANPASS Member name and associated LANPASS number. However, if you would like additional cards for a family member, you can request to add authorized signers to your account.
- How long will it take to receive my Card?
You will receive notification of the status of your application within two to three weeks.
- Do I earn rewards with the LANPASS Visa Card?
Yes! You earn LANPASS Miles with every purchase that can be redeemed for flights and upgrades on LAN Airlines.
- What are the other benefits from the LANPASS Visa Card?
- Earning Power
Use the LANPASS Visa Card for all purchases from airline tickets to hotels to gas and groceries to big-ticket items like computers and home furnishings to monthly recurring charges (mortgage, utilities, daycare services, or tuition).
- Automatic Bill Payments
Pay all of your bills with your Card. Contact merchants or service providers for exact details and acceptance.
Learn more about Automatic Bill Payment.
Pay your LANPASS Visa Card bill from any checking or savings account in the United States. Learn more about AutoPay.
- Free Internet Banking
Enroll to view transactions, make a payment, request convenience checks or balance transfers, or set-up account alerts. Learn more about Free Internet Banking.
- Are there limits to earning Miles on the LANPASS Visa Card?
There are no Mileage caps on LANPASS Visa Cards.
Basic Card Facts
- What's the difference between a LANPASS Visa Signature Card, LANPASS Visa Card and LANPASS Visa Secured Card?
View the Card Comparison page for more details on the LANPASS Cards.
- Can I only use the LANPASS Visa Card for purchases with LAN Airlines?
The LANPASS Visa Card works just like any other Visa Card for purchases at millions of locations that accept Visa Credit Cards.
- Can I use the LANPASS Visa Card for instant cash at ATMs?
Yes. You can use your LANPASS Visa Card for cash advances at ATMs that accept Visa Credit Cards. Cash advances do not earn Mileage.
- Is the APR competitive?
The APR is competitive for credit cards that offer rewards. Keep in mind that you pay no interest if you pay your bill in full by the payment due date.
- Why is there an annual fee on LANPASS Cards when I can get almost any card with no annual fee?
Airline-affiliated credit cards that offer miles for card usage generally charge an annual fee. LANPASS Visa is offering a first year fee waive† as a courtesy to you as a new cardholder. Keep using your Card for all your purchases and you’ll be on your way to many benefits including miles you can redeem for unforgettable trips via LAN Airlines and its Affiliated carriers, and oneworld® partner airlines.
- Can I access my LANPASS Visa Card account online?
Yes. Enjoy managing your account in the privacy of your own home or while you are traveling via the Internet. Learn more about Free Internet Banking.
- How do I change my Overlimit Coverage preferences?
Your preferences can be updated 24/7 within Internet Banking. Learn More.
- Is customer service available in Spanish?
Yes. Simply call 800-274-7200. When you call this number you will have the choice of connecting to a Spanish-speaking customer service representative or using the automated 24-hour voice response system. The voice response system allows you to access detailed information about your LANPASS Visa account balance in English as well as in Spanish.
- Whom should I call with questions about my LANPASS Visa Card?
Contact 24-hour Cardmember Services with any questions about your Card.
- How can I keep up-to-date on LANPASS special fares and travel suggestions?
Go to lan.com and visit the LANPASS My Account page to update your member Profile and subscribe to E-Mail Notifications.
- What steps can I take to help maintain good credit?
Visit usbank.com/creditwellness for helpful information about how credit can play a role in your life.
- How do I read my statement?
Your statement is designed to make it easy to view important information on your account. Learn more.
- How can I download files or view my online statements using Internet Explorer version 8?
- Go to: Tools > Internet Options
- Select the Advanced tab
- Scroll down to the Security section and uncheck 'Do not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk' setting
Users that are unable to download files or view online statements should change the 'Do not Save Encrypted Pages Setting' in the Security section. To change this setting: