Frequently Asked Questions
How To Apply
- Can I receive a LATAM Visa Card without being a LATAM Pass Member?
- Can I use my spouse's LATAM Pass Member Number to apply for a LATAM Visa Card?
- How long will it take to receive my Card?
- Do I earn rewards with the LATAM Visa Card?
- What are the other benefits from the LATAM Visa Card?
- Earning Power
Use the LATAM Visa Card for all net purchases from airline tickets to hotels to gas and groceries to big-ticket items like computers and home furnishings to monthly recurring charges (mortgage, utilities, daycare services, or tuition).
- Automatic Bill Payments
Pay your bills with your Card. Contact merchants or service providers for exact details and acceptance.
Learn more about Automatic Bill Payment.
Pay your LATAM Visa Card bill from any checking or savings account in the United States. Learn more about AutoPay.
- Online Banking
Enroll to view transactions, make a payment, request convenience checks or balance transfers, or set up account alerts. Learn more about Online Banking.
- Are there limits to earning Miles on the LATAM Visa Card?
- Are there new card benefits that have been offered recently?
EMV chip technology1
EMV® is a global standard for credit and debit payment cards based on chip card technology with enhanced security. Embedded in the card is a microprocessor containing the necessary information to make a payment. Over one billion cards outside the United States are currently utilizing this technology
Basic Card Facts
- What's the difference between a LATAM Visa Signature Card, LATAM Visa Card and LATAM Visa Secured Card?
- Can I only use the LATAM Visa Card for purchases with LATAM Airlines?
- Can I use the LATAM Visa Card for instant cash at ATMs?
- Is the APR competitive?
- Why is there an annual fee on LATAM Cards when I can get almost any card with no annual fee?
- Can I access my LATAM Visa Card account online?
Chip Card Technology
- Why is my card changing?
- Is the new card better? How?
- But I don’t see chip card readers in the U.S. Will my card still work here?
- What information is on a chip card?
- What is a chip credit or debit card?
- Why did you send me a new chip card?
- What does a chip card look like?
- What are the benefits of my new chip card?
- I've never heard of a chip card before. Is this something new?
- Where are chip cards used now?
- Will my card work outside the United States?
- Now that I have a chip card should I continue to notify you before I travel internationally?
- What information is on a chip card?
- Are chip cards safer to use than magnetic stripe cards?
- Does this mean that a magnetic stripe card is not secure?
- If my card has a chip, are you discontinuing magnetic stripes on cards?
- I’ve read about how secure chip and PIN cards are. Why isn’t this a chip and PIN card?
- Are there any additional fees on chip cards?
- Will my new chip card be covered under the zero liability policy?
- When I make a purchase using a chip card, how is that different from using my existing magnetic stripe card?
- How do I make a chip card transaction?
- Insert the chip portion of the card into the terminal with the chip facing up. It’s important to leave the card in the terminal until the transaction is complete. (If you remove the card too soon, the transaction will end and your purchase will not be processed.)
- Follow the prompts on the terminal’s screen.
- The terminal will display the purchase amount.
- Once the purchase is approved, a receipt is printed for your signature. When your transaction is complete, you will be prompted to remove your card.
NOTE: At restaurants, a portable terminal may be brought to your table.
- Do chip card transactions take longer?
- Can I use my chip card on the internet or for mail or telephone purchases?
- Do chips get damaged?
- Can I still use my chip card at an ATM?
- Can I continue to use my existing PIN on my chip card?
- What if a merchant asks for a PIN during the purchase?
- Is customer service available in Spanish?
- Whom should I call with questions about my LATAM Visa Card?
- How can I keep up-to-date on LATAM Pass special fares and travel suggestions?
- What steps can I take to help maintain good credit?
- How do I read my statement?
- How can I download files or view my online statements using Internet Explorer version 8?
- Go to: Tools > Internet Options
- Select the Advanced tab
- Scroll down to the Security section and uncheck 'Do not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk' setting